Remembrance Day is a day to remember soldiers, airmen and those who have died during their work. Remembrance Day is also called Poppy Day, Veterans and Armistice Day. This day gives the respect that falls from all wars. Remembrance Day is closed to memorial and veterans day, basically, it pays tribute after a first world war in united states.
Remembrance Day is celebrated on 11 November
What is Remembrance Day?
It observed on 11 November to celebrate in the honor who have died during their services in any field. It is a holiday like memorial day and veterans day almost celebrate in 53 countries.
when is Remembrance Day in 2019?
Remembrance Day in 2019 is celebrated on 11 November.
How to celebrate Remembrance Day?
- Some ways to celebrates is to people light candles on a grave and pray for them.
- Read the History of Remembrance Day
- Read about Worl War1
- Interview a veteran to better understand the holiday’s importance importance
- Research how many armed services contribute to this War and how many died
- Make poppies
- Place flowers on memorial sites
- Fly the Flag of your country
- Attend event
- Invite veterans to speak.
First armistice day anniversary is held and two minutes silence is considered as apart of the ceremony
On Armistice day added more respect and signifies in which one million people attract and pay respect to unknown soldiers
Australian and British government change the name of armistice day to Remembrance Day
This attracts the whole nation, ceremony held in towns, city and all over the country or two minutes silence is also include
Governor-General Sir William Deane passed a bill declaring a remembrance day on 11 November
Remembrance Day Symbols
- The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month
- Red poppy which becomes associate a symbol of world war 1 memories
- Flanders field
- The last post
- Two minutes silence at ‘O clock
Remembrance Day Services
All Remembrance Day food
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- Classic Meatloaf
- Lemon Poppy Sugar Cookies
- Maritime Hodgepodge
- Bangers and Mash With Onion Gravy
- Classic American Apple Pie
- Yankee Pot Roast
- Chicken Pot Pie
Read about other days blog